Final Performance by Abhaas

Date: November 17, 2007  Category: Abhaas, Best Of, Main

Google Users: Click here to see videos of latest 16th November episode.

I was surprised to learn that not many comments were made on Abhaas’s final performance. Is it because my video had lot of elimination discussion before Abhaas sang the song? I am trimming the video and uploading his performance ‘Naina Thag Lenge’ again. Check it below.

I felt that it was an outstanding performance. I will admit, I had heard this song on and off earlier but after Abhaas’s performance, it’s on my iPod and I listen to it at least couple of times a day. The song portrays pain and Abhaas’s rendition brought tears to my eyes. In comments, I have been hearing that few folks wants to bring Abhaas/Toshi/Irfan to New York Tour, if that happens, count me in. I am going to put this song in ‘Best Of’ category. Anyone has any doubts?

BTW, I found another video where Raja Hasan (of SaReGaMaPa fame) sang the same song. I don’t know why everyone is ga-ga over this guy. Yes, I accept that he has fantastic voice but in my humble opinion, his singing ability are really not par up to other singers. [Don't trust me? Check out Gazal special episode of SRGMP where Poonam, Amanat and Aneek excelled and it was crystal clear where Raja stands compare to these singers.] Check out his rendition of ‘Naina Thag Lenge’. Not up to the mark.

And yes, I was surprised to learn that ‘Naina Thag Lenge’ was originally sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. I think Rahat brought an amazing variation in voice for this song, 3 cheers to him.

Your Host
-J.

Comments

72 Responses to “Final Performance by Abhaas”

1. iZHAR on November 17th, 2007 8:26 am

it was an excellent performance and it really bring tears to my eyes.

2. Raji on November 17th, 2007 2:11 pm

Mr.J,

There is a very old English saying ‘A man achieves fame only after his death’. Too bad Abhaas did not qualify for enough votes to keep him alive in the contest. People have woken up too late!

If you ask me, A NATIONAL SHAME!!!

As I have said earlier too in these columns. I have been an ardent-Abhaas fan throughout and he continues to be on the top of my favourite singers amongst all reality shows held on Indian television.

I agree with you, that Abhaas made a brilliant exit from the show. What a parting song! He brought tears to my eyes too and his rendition of ‘Naina Thag lenge’ still continues to haunt me even though it is past one week.

Gajendra Singhji can now make amends to all participants, especially Abhaas, Toshi and Irfan, by making them sing individual full songs in front of Lataji on the 24th. I am sure it will appease the fans of these and other contestants to a great extent and make amends to clear up the mess that SVOI is in now.

I hope he does not make them sing group songs only!

I wish someone could convey this very strongly to Gajji.

Is anyone listening and has enough clout in STAR TV to pass on this message to Gajji?

3. MusicBuff on November 17th, 2007 2:50 pm

Dear J,
    I am sorry to say this, but it seems your knowledge of music is very less. I am not a Raja fan, but if you compare the two singers on the basis of this song, then Raja has done far more justice to it than Abhaas.
    Abhaas was out of Sur many times in this song, particularly the low notes were very “besure”. And at one place his voice cracked badly.

4. zafar on November 17th, 2007 4:24 pm

Raja anytime, his voice just suits the songs, though I have to agree Abhaas also did a great job. I was kind of rooting for Abhaas to win, instead of Harshit or Ishmeet.
    As for Ghazal, Raja’s rendition of Ghulam Ali’s ghazal was very good.
    Amanat was the best in ghazal round. But Raja has been singing ghazal’s for very long now.

5. Major SBM on November 17th, 2007 6:09 pm

J,

Abhaas’s rendition of Naina Thag Lenge was just OUTSTANDING, BRILLIANTLY SOULFUL, SO MOVING and easily bringing tears to virtually every single person who heard him. I have listened to his rendition so many times and each time he manages to bring tears in me with his soulful singing. There was so much pain in his voice and without doubts this HAS BEEN HIS BEST PERFORMANCE IN VOI. His rendition of SATYAM SIVAM SUNDARAM was by far the best this far but this beats every other performance hollow. To have this kind of performance from a 17 year old who has learnt classical music is a great tribute to his GURU and of course speaks volumes of Abhaas’s grasp & understanding of music. It was, in my opinion, also a reflection of the physical and mental AGONY that Abhaas was going through at the time he was eliminated and it poured out when he sang this sang.

Undeniably this must be part of the BEST OF VOI category. It reminded so much of Toshi’s performance when he was eliminated. Toshi was once again outstanding, as he usually was with most of his performances, and the lyrics of the song that he sang very so full of meaning that it was once again a reflection of his AGONY at being eliminated despite being an outstanding singer with great depth, knowledge of music and for bringing originality to vitually every single song that he sang during the contest.

It is an utter shame that both these singers who have had a classical music background, grooming, years of practice & gifted with very soulful voices are not the finalists in AMUL SVOI. Raji’s comment about the old English saying is so very apt in th ecase of both Abhaas and Toshi. I sincerely pray that they have a very long life, an exceedingly successful future in the music industry and that all music lovers (current & future generations) continue to have the opportunity to hear them sing & watch them perform for many years to come.

My personal regards to you for having taken pains and perhaps sacrificing a lot to commence this forum and providing music lovers an opportunity to share their views about SVOI, its participants, the show’s shortcomings etc. A STANDING OVATION to you and God Bless You.

6. TNB on November 17th, 2007 6:27 pm

such a moving performance. Brilliant ! Although i dont’t think this clip reflects the talent Abhaas’s posseses. His musical aptitude is far beyond this performance. he could have done a better job. But lets give him the benifit of doubt. Afterall he was still in pain of being eliminated and probably didn’t practice enough prior to siging live on stage.

7. Amrita on November 17th, 2007 9:01 pm

Very very sad, heartfelt performance by Abhaas. But singing wise, you cannot argue that Raja sang this song much better. Theres no comparison!

8. Seema on November 17th, 2007 10:01 pm

J,I totally agree with you on both counts. Firstly, Abhaas excelled in his rendition of this song. Secondly,I have never thought of Raja as being a great singer. In my opinion, Amanat was easily the better of the two.
    Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is one of my favorite singers and in my opinion is carrying on the legacy of his uncle, the great Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan,beautifully.
    Abhaas has always been my favorite and this song only reinforces my justification for the same.Easily his best performance though I must admit there are several more of his songs that are not too far behind!

9. V to da J on November 17th, 2007 10:18 pm

raja hasan sang it way better

10. Harold on November 17th, 2007 10:22 pm

I must agree with the fact that VOI has lost a great performer in Abhaas. I absolutely loved to listen to him. Hopefully I will hear a lot more from him in the future. He really was versatile.

11. rony on November 17th, 2007 10:29 pm

I have not heard this song before and haven’t seen Raja before as well. When I saw Abhas’s performance on this song, I was so touched. Then I saw Raja’s performance and then the original song. I must say, although Abhas’s performance was more touching (probably due to the fact that he just got eliminated), I thought Raja sang it beautifully and was very close to the original song. In my opinion, Abhas is not as good in low note as he is in high notes. He actually excels in high notes. Although Abhas sang it really well, I really thought Raja sang it way better.

And lastly, after seeing the original, I must say this singer Rahad Fateh Ali khan is amazing!

12. qc on November 17th, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your opinions either way. I believe that Abhaas was unbelievably good. He did the best version in my opinion, and the emotions came out - whatever the reason. I really do consider him to be my all time favorite. He can be compared to any of the greats.

13. Irfan APM on November 18th, 2007 1:22 am

From yesterday’s episode, it is clear that both Harshit and Ishmeet cannot rock the crowd. Harshit’s rock rendition looked as if he was singing bhajans and Ishmeet was at best like a bouncing school singer. Of the entire lot, only Abhaas, Sumitra, Irfan and Toshi had the talent to generate that crowd frenzy. Banaras saw Harshit trying a la Toshi to bring the crowds to sing along, but I guess Banaras is not cut for that. Aadesh and Lalit looked more like roadside PRO for Harshit and their comments belittled their professional image. I never understand why Aadesh has to always try and impose his expert comments all the time. Please be professional and stick to what you are paid for.
    As for Harshit and Ishmeet - you both are indeed lucky to have reached this far. May the best win. Good luck.

14. Rani on November 18th, 2007 2:28 am

hahha………thiz guy iz so funny…..his voice iz so thin…..he sucks on low notes……comparing him to raja hasan iz ridicoulous……..raja hasan’s throw is outstanding…he sings like a rockstar….never copies a singer…..and plzz don’t u guys go ga ga over thiz mild performance…..

15. Rani on November 18th, 2007 2:33 am

also plzz tell thiz guy abhaas to slow down a little….for this song……i mean he’s like on da run with it…like itz a item number…..lol……thiz song needs heart, soul, magic which raja has in his voice……peace

16. MOHSIN, NEW YORK CITY, USA on November 18th, 2007 4:49 am

Holy Lawd
    Comparing Raja Hassan to Abhaas is like the saying goes shining a flashlight on the sun. Raja Hassan is a far far superior singer than Abhaas. Didnt u hear his variations in “Naina Thag…”
    Regarding ur comments on his ghazal rendition did u lisn to the comments of Pandit Jasraj who said Raja u r the real Raja and Jagjit Singh telling him he should sing ghazals from now on cuz he xcels in it. I am sure if Ustad Ghulam Ali Khan was the judge since he sang the original ghazal he would have showered his kudos on Raja too. So yeah J. sad to say but erm turn on ur classical music ear. Nothing personal bur Raja rox dude.

17. AS on November 18th, 2007 5:12 am

Well, talking about portrayal of pain, with due respect to your opinion,I think nobody can match the standards of Toshi. I do not deny that other contestants have sung well some of the songs sometimes. But it all depends on what appeals to you and how much!

In my humble opinion, in portraying the pain the greatness of a singer lies when it is done live…while singing a song…where its just the lyrics which churn out the emotions while singing…when the voice ‘trembles’ based on the lyrics being sung but does not sets the monotone of emotions depending on the mood of a song, …when root of the emotions lies within the song and is not due to any external factors.

Have you ever noticed this, I mean trembling of voice based on lyrics in any of the Rafi’s songs? Toshi does it to some extent.

18. Bishi on November 18th, 2007 10:30 am

folks!!! ABBHAS was a ladla BIG MOUTH SPOILED baby and obviously an immature singer…mostly tried to sing Rafi sb songs…

The real singers SVOI have ever produced were
    IRFAN and TOSHI who both became the victim of
    favouritism.

If ABHAAS was so good, he would have not eliminated by four neutral judges in wild card entry round.

He should be greatful for being so far in the show only becuase of JATIN pandit.

Anyway, current 2 finalists will definitely be a disgrace to Lata jee for sure…

Bishi
    Toronto

19. Rahul on November 18th, 2007 1:05 pm

Abhaas is the best. I don’t consider Raja or Amanat are good singers. Abhaas sang that song beautifully in spite of being eliminated from the show.Comparing raja hasan to Abhaas is ridiculous. Abhaas is way better, his Satyam shivam sunderam is my all time favorite.

20. RR on November 18th, 2007 1:08 pm

Abhaas was way better then Raja…..Toshi and Irfan lover should go to some other blog, here we are talking about Abhaas and Raja. Everytime you don’t have to bring your community people in the picture. Both of them are out before Abhaas.

21. NSingh on November 18th, 2007 1:09 pm

Abhaas is better. He is a versatile singer and can sing all kinds of songs. To prove that we don’t need a poll.

22. RR on November 18th, 2007 1:11 pm

23. V to da J on November 18th, 2007 2:27 pm

RAJA IS THE BEST….. abhaas aint nowhere near this dude……

24. rony on November 18th, 2007 2:47 pm

Raja’s performance was subtle and very peaceful. I kind of agree with Rani’s comment that Raja’s through was outstanding. I have never seen the guy before, but if he sings like this in all other songs, he must be a damn good singer.

25. jimmy ~ California wala ~ on November 18th, 2007 3:45 pm

East or West Raja is the Best !!

There was no one that can even touch raja’s singing in VOI ! … Raja can do it all ! No competition !

26. Lalit Jain on November 18th, 2007 5:54 pm

Thanks for putting Raja’s version. I think Raja nailed this song much better than Abhaas. In fact I was thinking that how soon we forget how good some of these singers are.

27. Jimmy on November 18th, 2007 7:10 pm

Aabhas is a 17 year old boy who sang this song with more heart and soul than any other contestant on any show. He has the potential to and WILL go a long long way in life! His fans will get to see more of him in the future, while other hyped contestants will fizzle away in thin air. His rendition of Naina Thag Lenge broiught tears to the eyes of many… he did it in his own style with his powerful deeply touching voice. Surely, he is here to syat and he made it amply clear with this final seal-th-deal rendition. With all due respect to the remaining two, listening to their singing after his departure sounded like a cruel joke. If that was not enough, poor Harshit tried to sing Mitwa that AAbhas had excelled at in an earlier show. Anyhow, VOI or not, he is the Voice of the World for me!

28. jimmy ~ California wala ~ on November 18th, 2007 8:21 pm

^^ then Aabhas should try out for lil champs may be he could win that one !

29. Raji on November 18th, 2007 10:01 pm

Dear jimmy ~ California wala,

Abhaas has already won Amul SVOI!!!

He need not hold the trophy in his hand to prove it! Going by the comments in these columns, he is the uncrowned king! As Jimmy, rightly says, he is the Voice of the World!

We don’t need comments from people like you who have half-baked knowledge and underestanding of music, to ‘direct’ him to participate in l’il champs.

And I am sure that if he does decide to participate in l’il chemps, he is light years ahead of the participants who are in the final 12! He will be a sure shot winner there too!

30. rovino on November 18th, 2007 11:11 pm

Oh Jimmy,
    Don’t feel bad eh. Ishmit is best now. Please don’t let bother you these comments. These people living in dreams. I tell every body That the game is over. YOU GUYS WILL SEE THE FIRST SIKH TO BE STAR OF THE WORLD. This is the all judges want. They are not stupid. They want some different voice. Please believe me.
    God blessall of you guys.

31. Bela Sonawane on November 19th, 2007 3:18 am

VOI has given precious diamond to us i.e; ABHAAS.Read many comments above wonderfully about Ahaas who have literally made us live with him,all the songs mentioned above are truly commented like he made us cried.Actually all the days passed still our soul is still finding where we can see him and listen to his song.One comment he sing childish way song of Mfd Rfi is ridiculous.To sing in liveliness,all types of song.Create our mood.Is impossible.Years back when a singer use to sing with depth.Rain gave shower.Abhaas is that type of singer.NOt only singer he is fantastic soul.When such a soul with his voice takes birth India should be proud of.

32. Harold on November 19th, 2007 11:25 pm

When I look at the names of the people who are attacking Abhaas, I remember that these are the very same people who have been spewing hatred for quite some time now.

Its in their nature to dwell on the negative, because they are not capable of recognizing anything positive. Ignore them.

Abhaas was the best.

33. Bela Sonawane on November 19th, 2007 11:29 pm

Harold knows who is the best and has been continously prasing the right singer.Thanks Harold.

34. MusicBuff on November 20th, 2007 12:23 am

Harold knows who is the best *ROFL*
    And of course you dont….LOL
    I haven’t read a post more hillarious than this one

35. Irfan APM on November 20th, 2007 1:23 am

Here’s a chance for Gajji to make some more revenue. A critic’s choice of VOI can be organized featuring the Bemisal Barah. To be finished in one episode, this can be judged on the basis of pure judges verdict [25% SMS may be considered to balance the economics]. After all the drama that has taken place, this would be an ideal chance to salvage some lost pride.

36. witch on November 20th, 2007 1:37 am

wats the use of arguin n discussing abt things wen everything was planned?? like irfan got a chance to sing in vishesh movies i hope toshi also does get a chance coz he deserves it!!! just hope n pray tht the real singers win later in life , hu cares abt this stupid show?? its sooo borin now….

37. $ V to da J $ on November 20th, 2007 2:49 am

seriously people abhaas sucks compared to RAJA!!!!!! and the rest of the singers

38. $ V to da J $ on November 20th, 2007 2:51 am

abhaas wasn’t/isn’t capable of being a playback singer

39. jenny on November 20th, 2007 1:39 pm

Mr J
    Well Well I am raja’s fan And by the way the ghazal episode Raja is the one who sang the best. If u hear may be clean your ears and listen to what Jagjit singh said u are the raja . Pandit Jasraj’s comment Listen to that

Star voice of india sucks. There is no comparison between SGRMP AND SVOI not at all.

By the way the tour is for SRGMP. Star voice its not even popular like SGRMp So don’t waste your money cause i don’t think people will go to watch.

Raja’s version was the best in naina thaglenge.

TO me mr J you are jealous

i can smell it.

So be aware about raja.

I see you people are comparing raja only to svoi

Why jealousy

tnx

40. jenny on November 20th, 2007 1:41 pm

I agree with jimmy no comparison with raja with any of svoi contestants.

Even aneek and amanat were upto their mark. Svoi should stand on the road and start singing thats how it looks like.

SO STOP COMPARING RAJA NO COMPARISON WITH SVOI.

41. Nasir on November 20th, 2007 3:53 pm

Mr. J,
    U need to go to an ENT specialist, I m sure u r sick. The particular song u mentioned was much much better sung by Raja as compared to Abhas. I thought u have some music sense but i m disappointed..
    SVOI and ur blog both are in the same position….i.e. trying to stand up but u dont have rails……This show is a big flop and the credit goes to Gajji and his team of jokers…

42. Shweta on November 20th, 2007 7:05 pm

Nasir, noone is forcing you to read Comments in this site and reply to others. Why do you come here if this is such a bad show and such a bad site! Your not even making any sense! Why dont u just do yourself a favour and turn ur computer off…..or at least leave this site! * Rolling my eyes!*

43. Shweta on November 20th, 2007 7:07 pm

Hey Uncle Ji! :D hows ya today! ;)

44. Nasir on November 20th, 2007 7:56 pm

Shweta,
    LOL! u couldn’t digest the bitter truth…my sympathy with u. Well I was surfing the web and saw this “golden article” from mr. J.(J kaar). Can’t stop laughing and now ur response has got me even more amusing..
    Pl don’t roll ur eyes and take care of ur eye sight…….

45. rovino on November 20th, 2007 9:40 pm

Mr. J,
    It look like that you are realy sick. If you have started this site then stick to the end. I thought you are a good host but I feel really bad now because you are not giving the performance of Nov 17 and onward. Your favrt is out and you have lost interest. You have no sportmanship at all. If you are a good host then go all the way.
    Thanks

46. Harold on November 20th, 2007 9:58 pm

J,

Imagine that. If you don’t agree with some of those goofballs, then you are supposed to be sick. Don’t you just smell the venom from these folks?

They’ve got nothing positive about them - like I said before. I bet their entire lives are venemous also.

Hey Shweta , I’m fine, thank you.

47. rony on November 20th, 2007 10:11 pm

I really feel sorry for the guys who are making personal attacks to J and few others. After doing such a wonderful service to us, if you guys can’t be kind enough to be thankful to him, a tleast don’t say words such is J is sick.

Everybody is entitled to have their opinion. Its no secret that the favorites of J are out of the competition, but to me it speaks volume that after that J has been maintaining this site. Well he may not be as enthusiastic as he was, but I guess everybody has the right to be disappointed. You are entitled to give your opinion, but don’t make any personal attack, please!

48. rovino on November 20th, 2007 10:14 pm

The show is not finished my dear friend Harold. I never said any thing wrong about Abahs. He is great kid I liked is final performance and came from his soul. Come on man he will live. Now you have to cheer for the last contestants.
    Thanks again

49. rovino on November 20th, 2007 10:22 pm

Rony,
    I am sorry what you said. But HOST should go all the way. He can say and feel whatever he likes. The question is why he is not maintainning this site like a professional. If he has started this then it has to be like professional.
    Thanks and again I don’t hate you or any singer.

50. Harold on November 20th, 2007 10:40 pm

Rony, Good man! I agree - These attacks are not necessary. I disagreed with J in the past, but would never attack him like that. The man does a big job for our sake.

Those people who just don’t have respect should keep their disrespectful behavior to themselves.

51. TNB on November 20th, 2007 11:33 pm

Hey Harold, shweta ;)

nice to see you folks back. Hope you guys are doing well. i’ve been passive lately, reading the comments (mostly ridiculous) posted here.

Words such as “ROLF” etc etc.. used by musicbuff and his/her buddies are only indicative of their level of intellect. So it’ll be a good idea to read and have a good laugh at them instead of taking them personally.

52. rovino on November 20th, 2007 11:41 pm

Please give some good power to my good friend Mr. J. He started this and he has to deal with it.

53. manju on November 21st, 2007 4:21 am

I would just like to say please be fair to all
    no one should be favoured because of dadi and nani coming crying for harshit to be voted. I think ishmit is better hundred time as he sings from his heart.

so be fair

tahnks

54. bela on November 21st, 2007 5:57 am

Rony view of 20th November is perfect

55. Shweta on November 23rd, 2007 2:20 pm

Hey TNB,
    :) I have also been pretty passive on this site lately. Show has gotten boring, but some people here just have no mind at all! They just say anything……just anything!lol! hehe! :p
    Am just waiting for the final show, its going to be awesome with all the contestants back on the stage. Hope you had a blessed Thankgiving. :)

56. Shweta on November 23rd, 2007 2:21 pm

Hey Harold! :P :P

57. Shweta on November 23rd, 2007 2:22 pm

and come on Guys, at least spare J!!! He is the one maintaining this site for us..not to be called names by some people here! Just be thankful that he does it……instead of acting like disgraceful..ungrateful kids!

58. jimmy ~ California wala ~ on November 24th, 2007 5:05 pm

Harshit was good but now all the ppl who hated and gave negative comments about ishmeet should be fealing this one up there A@# !!!…..Ishmeet After what happend to u on this show you deserve this win ! …..this was not about music ne more as i was a irfan fan and still am but this show turned into a circus and it was turned into being Muslim ,Sikh , Hindu and then Regions …..and Seeing A sikh person singing melodius songs was just a shocker for alot of the janta of india ! ….and most of them didn’t like it because there not use to the idea of a sikh singing melodius song … that has to do with bollywood image and the way the show a sikh person on screen ! ….well all is good now india will know what a sikh singing sensation is all about !

59. Muhammad Shoaib on November 26th, 2007 2:45 am

abhass have a nice potential we can see him in future as a great singer

60. Sunnyvalley on November 27th, 2007 3:15 am

To me he is the winner, there is nothing left in Star voice of India once this kid was forced to leave the show. He is a gem, I only wish he gets enough opportunities to take this abundant talent to greater levels.
    All the best Abhaas..

61. hassan bashir on November 29th, 2007 11:59 pm

plz tell me that which movie has this song

62. AJ on December 1st, 2007 4:16 am

Thanks J for putting these together. As i remarked earlier - this was a brilliant performance.

I tried listening to Raja’s performance after abhaas’s, and stopped after half a minute. It sounded ‘neeras’ after Abhaas. There is absolutely no comparison - abhaas has really put his entire beautiful soul into the song. No wonder he brough tears to our eyes. Raja’s performance is neat but average.

I did feel that Abhaas needs to work a bit on his lower notes. They are always the killer. I am sure he knows it just as well and will improve on that. And yes his voice did crack, and he did go besura but what do you expect guys - he has just been eliminated. Despite all that it was a great, OUTSTANDING performance. If you want to judge him on notes - look at his past record he has consistently been the most sureela contestent on the show. He also has an amazing understanding of music.

J i think satyam shivam sundaram also deserves to be here (my view of course). It is a beautiful yet very difficult song and abhaas sung it better than the original. No other participant can even attempt this song.

J thanks again for your wonderful work (Dont pay heed to any uncivilised comments).

63. AJ on December 1st, 2007 4:45 am

sorry i meant lower scale..needs a bit more throw.

64. Anjali on December 1st, 2007 11:35 pm

DEFINATELY Abhaas was my favorite on the show. He had the most talent and in my opinion the only reason he wasn’t voted by the public was because of his looks. He had the best voice out of all of the singers and the greatest ability to sing a broad range of songs. HE should have been the Voice of India.

Also, Toshi was crap in my opinion. He just sounded like someone who was good enough to maybe sing karaoke at a bar but he did not have the singing ability to be in this competition as long as he did. It was a judge’s bias that kept him in and I don’t know if any of you noticed but his looks are what made a lot of girls cheer for him. He did not have the talent and was not up to par with the rest of the contestants.

Irfan was definately also another singer who had talent and it was unfortunate that he proved it too late. I enjoyed his singing as well.

I definately did NOT want Harshit to win because he did not know how to take criticism and did not make any efforts to change his qualities that were lacking. He did not take the judges’ advice and make an effort to change.

Ishmeet is a great singer as well and I am glad that he won over Harshit but I still think the most deserving participant was/is Abhaas.

65. Anjali on December 1st, 2007 11:37 pm

Also, once it got down to Harshit and Ishmeet it was no longer a show about singing or talent. It became a show based on geography and racial/religion based votes.

Out of the two though Ishmeet had the better voice. Harshit did have a good voice as well but his lisp and his inability to smile or take the judges’ advice portrayed him as stubborn and unwilling to grow as a singer.

66. Anjali on December 1st, 2007 11:46 pm

For the person who commented that Toshi was a victim of favoritism and that Abhaas should be thankful he made it as far as he did I must say you have your facts screwed up.

Toshi got all of the favoritism from Abhijeet and was also brought back after he was eliminated. Also, Abhijeet threw a big tantrum when Toshi was eliminated.

Abhaas actually has the talent, versatility, and emotion behind his singing and his age has no bearing on this. He may have only been 17 years old but he sang far better and had far more range in his songs than other singers.

Also, the contestants didn’t always get to choose their own songs and Abhaas got stuck with some crappy songs at times and people are biased in that they will usually vote for a song that they like. If they don’t like the song then the singer’s ability doesn’t matter to them. I am speaking for the majority of people out there.

Abhaas has the talent and got the trophy for “Judge’s Pick” and therefore deserved the title of Star Voice of India.

If you listen to the actual singing ability he far surpassed the other contestants, was willing to grow/learn, and as for him being a crybaby you’re full of it because he did not shed one tear when he was eliminated. He acted like a man, unlike your precious Toshi who was balling like a little girl who got her cookies stolen from her.

67. Harold on December 2nd, 2007 12:17 am

Someone recently posted a link to a site where we could get Abhaas’ songs in mp3 format, and I can’t find that link. Can someone please rewrite it?

68. AJ on December 2nd, 2007 5:39 am
  69. suki on December 8th, 2007 4:56 am

Dear Host J
    Raja by any counts is a way better singer compared to all the singers in SVOI (probabaly except for Toshi)…..However , you clearly state u’r poor understanding of music in claiming that Abhaas has sung Naina Thug Lenge better.I think u shud just scroll back up n watch both of their perfomances once again w/o being prejudiced!!!!!

70. AB on December 22nd, 2007 3:56 pm

does anyone know what is happening with the starlets - abhaas and toshi??? have they gotten any luck?

71. ASIF RAZA on December 31st, 2007 2:44 am

toshi is tha best sigger shan bhai

72. Dr Dev Joardar, Consultant Psychiatrist, UK on January 6th, 2008 4:08 pm

Dear Organiser
    I was very disappointed with the Judges, specially th way they threw vile comments sitting comfortable at their comfort Zone, This is not a modern, 21st Century Constructive way of judging contestant, We as Indians have again proved that it will take another century to bring us at par with modern times. Would the Judges take any onus for any Post Traumatic stress Disorder their sarcastic and very very blunt and abrupt comments would cause, who knows if any of the chucked off contestant commit suicide? I am very very concerned, Are they aware of modern Human Rights, and relevant Acts . These are young people with lots of high hope. BTW who the fuck is Abhijeet compared to Kishore, who the fuck is Alka compared to Lata, forget the other jokers. What audacity and what fucking liberty. Shame on us INDIANS!. For Once I was not impresssed at my fellow Indians, All the judges own a public apology and henceforth there should be some written down format for the Judges on what they can and cannot say. Probably I would say Train the trainers first. God Bless!!! i would really appreciate a response